Tel : (418) 663-5714
Email : Decary.email@example.com
Twitter : @SimonDecary
Postdoctoral fellow – Fonds de recherche du Québec – Santé (FRQS), Quebec Strategy for Patient-Oriented Research (SPOR) SUPPORT Unit (QSSU).
Research advisor : France Légaré, MD, PhD, Tier 1 Canada Research Chair in Shared Decision Making and Knowledge Translation.
- Department of Family Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Université Laval
- Research center in primary care in health and social services – Université Laval
- Population Health and Practice-Changing Research, CHU de Québec – Université Laval
- Ordre professionnel de la physiothérapie du Québec (OPPQ)
- Association québécoise de la physiothérapie (AQP)
- Réseau provincial de recherche en adaptation-réadaptation (REPAR)
- Réseau-1 Québec
- Quebec SPOR SUPPORT Unit
- PhD in rehabilitation sciences – Université de Montréal (2013-2017)
- Bachelors and masters degree in physiotherapy – Université de Montréal (2009-2013)
- Masters degree in exercise sciences – Université de Montréal (2007-2009)
- Bachelors degree in kinesiology – Université de Montréal (2004-2007)
- Diagnosis and management of musculoskeletal disorders and chronic pain in primary care.
- Overdiagnosis and overuse of imaging tests and specialty referrals.
- Shared decision making in musculoskeletal disorders : influence on trajectories and treatment adherence following a preferential management plan.
- Knowledge transfer: development of an interprofessionnal collaborative platform to support the diagnosis and management of musculoskeletal disorders and patient education in primary care.
- PRIMO: an app for improving shared decision-making about imaging tests and specialty referrals following a diagnosis of knee disorders.
- Validity and reliability of combining history elements and physical examination tests for the diagnosis of common knee disorders.
- Development of an interprofessional communication tool to improve the diagnosis and management of musculoskeletal disorders and chronic pain in primary care.
- Development of a healthcare interprofessional training program for the diagnosis and preferential treatment allocation of common musculoskeletal disorders.
- Decisional conflict, shared decision and preferential management in patients suffering from knee osteoarthritis in primary care.
- Systematic review of SURE, a simplified screening tool for decisional conflict.