This laboratory provides regional infrastructure for the development, testing and evaluation of real clinical strategies to implement shared decision making (SDM). It supports the development of a primary care practice-based research network of the 12 family practice teaching units (FPTU) of Université Laval. This laboratory was launched in 2006-2007 with funding from the Canada Foundation of Innovation (CFI) to Dre France Légaré and has provided the needed infrastructure for primary care research at the point of care. Dre Légaré was awarded two CFI awards: in 2006 the first one helped launched the laboratory in 5 urban family teaching sites and the second in 2011 to launch the laboratory in the remaining 7 semi-rural and rural sites.
More specifically, the laboratory offers:
1. a multifunctional venue for training activities and for data collection on the practices of health professionals;
2. a networking centre for multisite research projects;
3. a location for the storing, retrieving and analysis of large quantities of electronic video data; and
4. a dedicated research space with essential information, technology hardware and software, and the necessary office material and furniture.
The laboratory complements Université Laval's well-established teaching network of family practice teaching units. It will allow the network to develop into an effective clinically-based research network by providing:
1. A regional venue for studying the implementation of SDM in actual clinical settings;
2. A large and unique database of strategies to implement change in clinical practice;
3. In-house capacity for conducting primary care practice-based research and for supporting an original research program in implementation science and SDM;
4. A primary healthcare research network for graduate students in implementation science and SDM.
This laboratory is the country's first clinically-based regional laboratory dedicated to the study of the implementation of SDM in primary care
GMF-U de la Haute-Ville
GMF-U de Lévis
GMF-U de Trois-Pistoles
GMF-U de Rimouski
GMF-U de Gaspé
GMF-U de Manicouagan
GMF-U des Etchemins
Membre associé : Clinique communautaire de santé et d’enseignement SPOT
This practice-based research network (PBRN) is part of a North American PBRN network called Meta-Larc (Meta-network Learning and Research Center) that includes seven PBRNs: 1. the Oregon Rural Practice-based Research Network (ORPRN), 2. the Iowa Research Network (IRENE), 3. State Networks of Colorado Ambulatory Practices and Partners (SNOCAP), 4. OCHIN Safety Net West PBRN (SNW), 5. Quebec Practice-Based Research Network (QPBRN), 6. the Wisconsin Research and Education Network (WREN) and 7. the University of Toronto Practice-Based Research Network (UTOPIAN). Meta-Larc is financed by a P30 grant from the AHRQ.
The Canada Research Chair in Shared Decision Making and Knowledge Translation as well as those involved directly or indirectly in the design and implementation of the project and this website do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, and update of information provided. Therefore, anyone viewing this website or using the data it provides access obligatorily renounces prosecution against its publishers, releasing any liability for injury, loss, expense, or any other type of damage.