Tel: 418-656-2131 ext. 5564
- Associate Professor, School of Nutrition, Faculty of Agriculture and Food Sciences, Université Laval
- Researcher, Population Health and Practice-Changing Research Group, CHU de Québec Research Centre
- Researcher, Institute of Nutrition and Functional Foods
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) New Investigator
Sophie Desroches, RD, PhD, is Associate Professor at the School of Nutrition at Université Laval, researcher at the CRCHU de Quebec and the Institute of Nutrition and Functional Foods, and CIHR New Investigator.
Building on the diversity of her training experiences in nutrition and chronic diseases, shared decision making and knowledge translation, her research program aims to secure the conceptual, methodological and practical bases for identifying and evaluating knowledge translation strategies that will optimize adherence to dietary advice. Her more recently funded research projects have explored shared decision making within nutritional consultations, adherence to dietary advice for preventing and managing chronic diseases, and the use of blogs to translate knowledge in nutrition.
- Knowledge translation research
- Nutrition and chronic diseases
- Patient preferences and adherence to dietary recommendations
- Shared decision making
- Social media and health blogs
- Adhésion aux recommandations visant la saine alimentation: identification des mesures, déterminants et interventions. Canadian Institutes for Health Research: Programmatic Grant in Food and Health, June 2013 to June 2018.
- Applying a theory-based approach to identify the psychosocial determinants of the intention of dietitians to engage in shared decision making behaviours. Canadian Institutes for Health Research: New Investigator Salary Award, July 2011 to July 2016.
- Effect of a healthy eating blog on dietary and food-related behaviours in mothers. Grant, Institut Danone: Research scholarship, July 2014 to July 2017.
- Enhancing knowledge translation in nutrition throught a healthy eating blog: a mixed methods feasibility study. Canadian Institutes for Health Research: Operating Grant, April 2014 to March 2015.
- Healthy Eating Awareness and Education Initiative targeting food skills : Evaluation of the impacts among Canadians. Canadian Institutes for Health Research: Population Health Intervention Research Initiative Operating Grant, April 2013 to April 2015.
- Implementing shared decision making in interprofessional home care teams, Canadian Institutes for Health Research: Operating grant, October 2014 to October 2018.
- Improving the decision process about location of care with the frail elderly and their caregivers. Secrétariat Inter-Conseils (Canada) (CRSH, CRSNG, IRSC), grant, Networks of Centres of Excellence (NCE), April 2014 to April 2016.
- Institut universitaire de première ligne en santé et services sociaux, Fonds de recherche du Québec - Société et culture, Soutien aux infrastructures de recherche des Instituts et des Centres affiliés universitaires du secteur social, April 2014 to April 2019.
- Knowledge Translation Canada: Strategic Training Initiative in Health Research, Canadian Institutes for Health Research: Init. strat. for the Strategic Training Initiative in Health Research (STIHR), Co-investigator, April 2009 to March 2015.
- Réseau-1 Québec (Réseau de recherche en soins et services de santé de première ligne), Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé, Réseau de connaissances du FRQ-S, grant, July 2013 to July 2019.
For more details about ongoing and previous research projects, consult Sophie Desroches' webpage on the Vice-rectorat à la recherche et à la création website.
Google Scholar profile