Tel: 418-525-4444 ext. 52419
- Full professor (retired), Department of Family Medicine, Université Laval
- Clinician–researcher, Research Axis of Population health and practice-changing research, Research Centre of the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Québec (CRCHUQ)
- Member, Canada Research Chair in Shared Decision Making and Knowledge Translation
- Member, ERICTIS, Équipe de recherche en intégration des connaissances et des technologies de l’information en santé ("Research team for knowledge transfer and healthcare information technologies")
- Member, primary care team of Cyber-Health Project/IRIS Québec
- Member, Knowledge Transfer (KT) Canada
For over 25 years, Dr. Michel Labrecque has pursued a successful academic career in family medicine. He has wide-ranging expertise as a clinician, teacher, and researcher. He worked at the Family Medicine Unit (FMU) of the Centre hospitalier de l’Université Laval (CHUL) of the CHUQ from 1985 to 1994, at the FMU in Rimouski from 1999 to 2003, and at the FMU of Saint-François d’Assise Hospital (CHUQ) from 1994 to 1999 and again since 2003.
Over the years, Dr. Labrecque has acted as a consultant for organizations such as the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), the Centre of International Cooperation for Health and Development (CCISD Centre de coopération internationale en santé et développement) at Université Laval, UNICEF, Family Health International, and EngenderHealth.
Dr. Labrecque has been invited to participate in 198 national and international symposia, seminars, and workshops. He has presented 186 scientific communications and published 194 articles, 82 of which appeared in peer-reviewed journals.
- Male sterilization
- Evidence based medicine
- Shared decision making
- Knowledge transfer
- Information technology