Phone number: 613-737-8899 ext. 73817
- Full professor, School of Nursing, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Ottawa
- University Research Chair, Knowledge Translation to Patients
- Senior Scientist, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute
Dawn Stacey is a registered nurse who is passionate about translating research evidence to patients and health care professionals with a goal of improving the quality of decisions.
In her role as the Director of the Patient Decision Aids Research Group, she focuses on the development and implementation of patient decision aids and decision coaching in clinical practice. Her research is informed by systematic reviews including two Cochrane Reviews on Patient Decision Aids and Interventions to Improve the Adoption of Shared Decision Making.
As well, she is co-chair of the Steering Committee for the International Patient Decision Aid Standards Collaboration (IPDAS). She is collaborating with the Ministry of Health in Saskatchewan and the Ottawa Hospital to implement shared decision making and patient decision aids as part of everyday clinical practice. Her research program website is www.decisionaid.ohri.ca.
- Knowledge translation to patients
- Supporting patients’ decision making with decision support tools and coaching
- Interprofessional shared decision making
- Oncology nursing
- Patient centred care
- Telephone-based nursing practice
- Implementation of innovations in practice and organizations