Providing health professionals and their patients with the necessary skills to promote shared decision-making throughout the healthcare continuum.
Acting as a premier training and support center and to be a cutting-edge implementation research group that helps healthcare professionals, both across Canada and abroad, to implement shared decision-making in a clinical setting.
- To identify primary healthcare professionals needs in order to promote strategies that encourage patients to participate in decision-making. In other words, to foster shared decision-making;
- To assess the impact of shared decision-making on healthcare professionals and on patients.
- Professional integrity and ethics
- Excellence and continued improvement
- Innovation and creativity
This research is expected to harmonize patients' expectations with respect to professional practices within the Canadian healthcare system using the best knowledge and evidence available to improve patient health and safety.