- Patrick Archambault obtained his medical degree from Université Laval in 2000. He completed post-graduate training to become a member of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada as an emergency medicine specialist at Université Laval in 2005.
- As recipient of the dean’s McLaughlin Fellowship bursary, he completed a two year subspecialization in critical care medicine at the University of Ottawa and obtained the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons in Canada certification in December 2007.
- He also completed in November 2007 a master’s degree in clinical research (emergency medicine) from Université Laval.
- Dr Archambault was awarded a Canadian Health Services Research Foundation CADRE postdoctoral fellowship scholarship in 2008.
Since 2008, Patrick Archambault works as an emergency and critical care physician and as a clinician-researcher at the CISSS Chaudière-Appalaches (Hôtel-Dieu de Lévis). In 2012, he obtained the FRQS Clinical Research Scholar Junior 1 Award. In June 2016, he was awarded the CIHR Embedded Clinician-Researcher Salary Award.
- Associate professor, Department of Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine
- Clinician–researcher, Emergency Medicine Research Unit of the Centre hospitalier affilié universitaire (CHAU) Hôtel-Dieu de Lévis, emergency medicine and anesthesia
- Clinical Faculty Member, Department of Familiy and emergency Medicine of Université Laval
- Emergency Medicine specialist, Department of Emergency Medicine, CHAU Hôtel-Dieu de Lévis
- Critical Care Medicine specialist, Department of Anaesthesia, CHAU Hôtel-Dieu de Lévis