Tel: 418-525-4444 ext. 53169
- Chairholder, Tier 2 Canada Research Chair in Technologies and Practices in Health (since 2012)
- Full Professor, Faculty of Nursing, Université Laval (since 2015)
- Researcher, Population Health and Practice-changing Research Group, CHU de Québec Research Centre (since 2006)
Marie-Pierre Gagnon obtained her PhD in Community Health from Université Laval in 2003. She completed a postdoctoral fellowship at the Catalan Agency for Health Technology Assessment in 2004-2005, followed by another postdoctoral fellowship at the Health Telematics Unit, University of Calgary, in 2005-2006.
She is currently an associate professor at the Faculty of Nursing at Université Laval. In 2012, she was awarded the Tier 2 Canada Research Chair in Technologies and Practices in Health. Her research program focuses on the use of scientific evidence in the implementation of innovative technologies, particularly Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in healthcare.
Her other research interests include health technology assessment (HTA) and its impact on decision making, the study of individual, professional and organizational determinants of ICT integration in the healthcare system, patient participation in healthcare decisions, and best practices in knowledge translation and application.
- Professional practices in healthcare
- Assessment of health technologies and intervention modes
- Information and communication technologies in healthcare
- Patient and public participation in health decisions
- Psychosocial, professional, and organizational theory
- Knowledge synthesis and application
- Introducing the patient perspective in health technology assessment (HTA) at the local level, Principal Investigator.
- Defining policies that will facilitate the implementation of electronic patient health records in Canada, Principal Investigator.
- Effects and impact of local/hospital-based HTA: The Quebec experience, Principal Investigator.
For more details about ongoing and previous research projects, consult Marie-Pierre gagnon's webpage on the Vice-rectorat à la recherche et à la création website.